Committed to assisting and serving students and faculty with using technology in the classroom to improve teaching and learning for all.
Friday, May 3, 2013
5th graders in the Google DRIVEr's seat.
5th grade Science teacher Mrs. Stannard is a wonderful advocate for using technology in the classroom to impact learning and to establish a high level of engagement from all students.
I chose to showcase Mrs. Stannard in this entry because, to finish the school year she has created an awesome student driven science project. One component of the project is for students to collaborate and communicate with one another using Google Drive - documents. I love that she is challenging students to use the cloud and think outside the box to communicate and collaborate.
The purpose of her project is for students to create their own science experiment. Students must research, design, create, predict, apply, analyze, remember, evaluate and communicate outcomes using authentic scientific principals. The main tool for collaboration and communication students are using is Google Drive - documents. Students are asked to develop lab planning and protocol through Google tools.
I really LOVE this project idea, because Mrs. Stannard is encouraging students to do 21st century thinking which hits all essential learning objectives in science or any subject for that matter. I have loved participating in classes and see how students are interacting, reacting, and learning as they practice what they have learned to create an amazing final product. It is really neat to see 5th graders working at this level of learning.



